Learning good stress management is an essential part of living in this century when stress levels can rise beyond your control. Living with chronic stress has been proven to be detrimental to your health and well being to such a large degree that you owe it to yourself to do all you can to lower your chronic stress levels; of course it goes without saying that using EFT Tapping is a brilliant method to quickly reduce stress to a manageable level.
Research has shown that when your body is under a good deal of stress your immune system is stretched. Those that aren’t eating well and getting enough sleep are affected greater than those that are taking care of themselves. With that being said, by implementing the following you will give your body the best chance of coping with the strain of stress on the body;
- Daily aerobic exercise of at least 30 minutes duration has been found to be the most effective strategy for managing stress. This could include jogging, brisk walking, taking an aerobic class. The reason this is a very effective strategy is because it aids in burning off excessive levels of adrenaline.
- Monitor your thoughts. Are they positive or negative, berating or complimenting? If you find yourself to be surprisingly pessimistic you have the choice and the opportunity once you become aware of your thoughts to change your thinking towards optimism, positivity, and becoming complimentary to yourself. Bob Proctor says “what you think about you bring about”. The choice is yours so take charge of your thoughts beginning today.
- A good nutritious diet consisting of adequate protein, whole food carbohydrates, good fats and oils. This means eliminating where possible processed and refined foods such as sugar and white flour and ensuring an adequate supply of raw food daily to supply much needed enzymes damaged in cooked food.
- Adequate sleep is required such as 6-8 hours a day. Take note too that as the adrenal glands and liver detoxify between 11 pm and 1 am it is best to ensure you are asleep prior to 11 pm regularly.
- Daily relaxation for at least 15 minutes daily is of great benefit. Lie down somewhere where you won’t be disturbed. Systematically go through your body telling each body part to relax while slowing your breathing down. Allow any thoughts to just float by without engaging with them.
- Rhythmical breathing. Breathing in engages the Sympathetic Nervous System whereas breathing out engages the relaxation response linked to the Parasympathetic nervous system. When feeling stressed endeavour to draw in a short in breath and elongate your out breath this will slow your heart beat down and ultimately relax you.
- Take time each week doing the types of things that bring you pleasure, joy, fun, and laughter. This could include a walk in nature, a swim at the beach or river, coffee out with friends, a romantic meal, or a good comedy. Humour has been shown to give your immune system a good boost.
- And last but not least make it a habit to use EFT Tapping as a useful daily tool employed to reduce stress levels in your life. Take a look at the stresses you currently face and tap on each one being sure to cover all aspects.
Need help? Contact me to arrange an appointment via Skype, or phone, or ‘in person’ in my office in Lower Hutt.